Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Recent cakes

Here are a few cakes I've recently made. All are buttercream-no fondant. I've really needed to practice my buttercream smoothing...all cakes are chocolate cakes. My favorite! The first 2 were for friends birthdays, and the last one to welcome a baby boy into this world. I had fun with each of them and am forever learning new things with each cake!For Nicole: chocolate cake with vanilla flavored buttercream in layers and to frost cake. Used some luster dust (edible glitter) to brush a little color on top. Piped lines going up and down on side of cake from top to bottom to add some texture.


For Kinslee: Chocolate cake with peanut butter buttercream in layers and to frost cake, also peanut butter cups in layers for extra crunch!


For Allisons new baby boy Maxim: Chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream in layers and vanilla buttercream to frost cake. Used a textured towel to smooth cake...and create a cool design if you look closely. Blue dots and stars and writing done in same buttercream. I made this cake in 2 hours flat! That's mixing, baking, cooling, cutting, layering, frosting, and decorating-I was kind of proud!




1 comment:

Chris and Michelle said...

Katie, I wish you lived close to me so that I could hire you to make my kid's birthday cakes this summer! You are amazing. That peanut butter chocolate one has my mouth watering. :)
Your little Parker is so darling by the way! Those pics below are ADORABLE!