Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer Cakes 2010

A few cakes I've done recently. All 3 cakes are white funfetti cake, with cream cheese buttercream icing.
The 1st one was for my brother Jason's 31st birthday. 2 mini-cakes covered in sprinkles. Never mind that one of them melted on the way over to my parents house. Here's proof that they were BOTH perfect when I left my house! Sorry Jason, it IS like 112 here!



Quinn wanted a bike cake-I had to improvise. He has a bike on top of the cake with some dots on the rest of the cake. He still liked it.
look at pic above, and then pic below. Do you see my melting problems during travel?!

Tabitha is all girl, so I decided to do a purse cake for her.
Covered in black fondant, with black fondant strap, and purse flap is bordered with sugar pearls.

All edible


They were all fun to make, still learning and having fun!

3 comments:

Casey and Brynn said...

Love the new posts. Love the cakes, your twilight shirts, and the waterpark pics! :) At least you didn't have to PAY big bucks for your girls to not love it. Girls will be girls. Kind of ironic though...considering they are AZ girls! :) haha Too cute. Wish I could have been there.

Chris and Michelle said...

You are awesome, Katie! I wish I could hire you to do Emmie's cake in a few weeks.

Eric and Alexis Beus said...

Wow! All of those cakes are amazing and so cute!! You are very talented! :)