Thursday, December 31, 2009

Busy Baking Month

This month was really busy when it came to baking. I guess it is the season when goodies are made and given...I unfortunaltely don't know how to cut my list short. Every year I think, "Why did I do that....not next year" and then I do it again and again. I also had my brothers (twins) birthday cake, a nephews birthday cake, and some cupcakes I made for a little boy's 2nd birthday party. It was a lot of fun...but I had to take some shortcuts on my brothers cake due to time-and it showed. Instead of coloring my fondant...I decided to paint it-and it was just ok. I now know to always color my fondant if I want vibrant colors and an even coating. Maybe I just need to get an airbrush-that would be MUCH easier. Hmmmm....there's an idea for next christmas I guess. I also made some holiday truffles to give to grandparents for a gift. They were Oreo truffles in white chocolate, and then PB in the milk chocolate. I packaged them in cups and boxes and they turned out looking really cute. I was proud. Ok, enough of me talking...now for some pictures of all of my treats! Hope you all had a Merry Christmas. Happy New Year!!
Oh yeah....I made a New Years cake for me and Dan to eat too! Can't wait!
Our New Years cake. Chocolate cake, caramel frosting, pecans in layers and all around. Chocolate pecan turtle was my inspiration. Poured some caramel on top of cake to look more tasty!


Chocolate Truffles for the holidays-yummy!

Cars cupcakes for 2 yr old b-day party. 72 cupcakes total!



My Nephew Mj's Birthday cake. He wanted a tractor cake-this is what I came up with.

Bret & Beau's Birthday cake. They like TMNT and 1 likes vanilla, and the other chocolate.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sure looks busy...but mostly very YUMMY!! :) Happy New Year!

Stacie Aho said...

You were busy!!! Thanks again for MJ's adorable cake. Not only was it cute, it was yummy! I love how you split Bret and Beau's cake in half. That's awesome.