Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where's Parker?


I was making popcorn yesterday while the girls were playing and Parker was chilling on my bed. The girls were scaring each other and also added slamming my bedroom door into the mix. Yes, as usual...things were crazy. I've got popcorn popping, the microwave going, 2 girls screaming and laughing, a door slamming and opening, and then a baby fussing. Parker was SUPER fussy yesterday...he has been sick for 3 weeks now, and the cold has led to an ear infection. We are treating him to the best of our ability-but 3 weeks is such a long time! I'm done with being up all night. (like I have a choice?!!) All this chaos is going on...and I could hear Parker fussing. He wasn't crying....so I just continued making the popcorn and threw out a few " your ok", "Parker, your fine" comments. Just then I realized that slamming my door could be a very bad thing....my thought of cut off fingers and ER's popped into my head. I had to stop them. I went over to my bedroom door and told the girls to stop with the door-and to go play in their bedroom. I then looked up to the middle of my bed to comfort sweet parker-but he wasn't there! Where could he be-it's not like he can walk, crawl, or even roll for that matter. PANIC set in. I could hear him fussing though. Where was he?

I spotted him! He was between my bed and the pack'n play laying on the floor. Both legs underneath my bed, and half of his head underneath the pack'n play. How did he get there? I picked him up and he stopped fussing immediately-then he gave me a big smile. What a relief-he wasn't hurt! I then turned to the girls who were completely unaffected by what had just gone on-and asked them how Parker ended up on the floor. The response was short and innocent. Hailey said, "Whitney put him there." My response was..."How?" Hailey then replied, "She pulled him off the bed and put him on the floor." I just stood there like a dear caught in the headlights-shocked. We then had a serious talk about NOT picking up or moving Parker EVER! I then added a few threats if they ever did anything like that again....just to scare them. Has anything like this every happened to you? Talk about scary. I hope this never happens again. I'm so thankful that Parker didn't get hurt and that he wasn't scared or anything. Thank Goodness!

4 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary and SO funny at the same time. Wow! I wonder what made Whit want to do that. I would have loved to have watched her in the process. I'm glad Parker is okay!

Casey and Brynn said...

Oh my gosh! That is so scary! I told my boys from the beginning to never touch or pickup Fayth without me there. If my boys did that, they would have been in timeout for a LONG time. So scary, and so glad he was okay. Boys are tough.

Rachelle said...

Hey Katie, how are you? Your kids are adorable!! That is so scary but kind of funny becuse I've been there. I swear boys are just so different then girls they just go with the flow. I'm so happy you got your boy...he's a cutie:)

Anonymous said...

Wow...I'm surprised that with 2 older sisters, he hasn't had this happen before now! Britlyn has picked up and hauled Kolten off about 4 times in his 3 months of life so far!! She thinks she is way bigger than she really is. luckily she hasn't dropped him, but she has hauled him off pretty far!! It is scary! glad he's ok, and hopefully he will get better soon!