Friday, September 3, 2010

Conversation with Hailey


Whitney says, "There's a fly in here", (Dan swats at fly)...then Hailey comments, "There's flies at my school and they drive me Peanuts!" Dan and I laughed and then corrected her and told her the phrase is.....drive me NUTS! Silly Girl!



Hailey came home from school one day not quite herself. I asked her what what wrong...she replied that nothing was wrong. I asked her why she was sad. She said that some of her friends were saying bad words at school and that she did too. I then asked her to tell me what words. She told me she couldn't tell me. After we got home I sat her down and asked her again what she had said. She told me that her teacher got a little bit mad and that it made her sad. She then said that she had said, "Poopyhead". WHAT A RELIEF!!! I was expecting the worst...maybe some adult-style profanity coming out of my sweet angels mouth-but NO!!! Poopyhead is not a nice word. Hailey said she will not say bad words anymore.

3 comments:

Julie P. said...

I love when kids mix up phrases. My mom always calls kids "dirty birds" when they are being goofy and one day Wellyn called me a naughty seagull:) Hailey looks SOOO much like you, a little Katie:) Miss you!

Stacie Aho said...

That is so cute! I love that she felt so bad about it- innocent little kids! That picture is adorable of her. Miss you guys!

Nicole Carpenter said...

Haha... that is so precious:) xo