Thursday, September 23, 2010

Recent cakes-Aug. & Sept 2010

Cake for a church "Empty Nesters" party. Chocolate cake with cream cheese buttercream and then covered in fondant. Decorations are colored fondant, and nest is made from pretzels.




Whitney's 3rd birthday cake! She asked me for a "rainbow cinderella" cake. This is what I came up with. Cinderella barbie doll wearing a rainbow dress! Cake was chocolate with cream cheese buttercream. Cake covered layer-by-layer in different colors of fondant ruffles. Took awhile, but she loved it!



We devoured it!!!
Happy birthday girl!

My Aunt Mel was in town for her birthday this year. She turned the big 55! Her request was my peanut butter buttercream. I paired the PB frosting with chocolate (you can never go wrong with those 2 things together) cake and then decorated top of cake with chocolate chips, and peanut butter chips. The sides of the cake were something new I wanted to try. They are those pirouette cookies that you can buy at the store-they are chocolate hazelnut. I have seen them on some other cakes....although it looks much better done in chocolate scrolls instead. At least I tried it. It gave each bite a nice crunch!




1 comment:

The Maughan's said...

Great job!! They look awesome :)