Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Dan turns 29!

Happy Birthday Dan! We celebrated Dan's 29th birthday last week. I didn't get many pictures because our camera was acting strange, but I did manage to take a few of him and his cake. Weeks before his birthday both Hailey and I were asking him what kind of cake he wanted. He decided on a Peanut Butter and Jelly cake. Yep, you heard me.....PB&J cake! It was the weirdest thing I had ever heard of. Needless to say, I gave him exactly what he wanted. I made him a GIANT PB&J sandwich-with a twist. White cake as the bread, Raspberry preserves, and a peanut butter buttercream frosting-and surprisingly it was really good! I was a little worried to serve this to other people besides Dan and our girls....but everyone seemed to like it. We had a dinner of Dan's choice on the 22nd with my family...followed with opening gifts. We then went out to dinner later that week with Dan's side of the family and celebrated with them. We all had a great time, and Dan took a day off from work as well. It was a lot of fun. I hope you had a great birthday honey!!!



















3 comments:

Cherise said...

I am impressed Katie. You are awesome! Very cool cake and super creative! It even looks good!
Happy Birthday Dan!

Chris and Michelle said...

Alright. So that is what I call creative! Way to go Katie! I love it. And Happy B-day Dan.

Julie P. said...

Great idea for a cake-it looks way yummy. Happy birthday Dan-you old man, I'm so glad I am still young and 26:)