Sunday, August 23, 2009

Spiderman cake

What do you get with an overworked mixer,

A pastry bag with icing in it

Some nasty-looking, but yummy tasting BLACK icing,


and a sink FULL of dirty dishes?


A new cake creation!
My Spiderman Cake.



The cake was for a little boy named Quinn who's turning 4. He has a bunch of food allergies, but with help from his mom...we were able to make this cake that he could eat.
Vanilla cake, vanilla frosting, fondant covering cake, fondant balls, fondant stripes. He can't eat where the spiderwebs are placed because they are made of buttercream icing.

I learned what to do differently next time....and it was my first experience with floral wire and spiderwebs.
To those of you wondering...spiderman topper is a candle that I bought.


Top view
Front view
Another cake I did recently:

This is a cake I did for my brother Jason, it's not the prettiest cake to look at, but it sure tasted good!

Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Buttercream and chopped up Snickers Candy Bars in the layers.


8 comments:

Wade Family said...

Katie - you are so talented! I so wish we still lived in Arizona, Jackson would go crazy over that cake....way too cute! How on earth do you find time to make cakes (especially ones of that magnitude) with three kids, not to mention a baby! Love 'em!

Stacie Aho said...

Awesome awesome awesome! That spiderman cake is amazing! You are getting really great. I'm very impressed; wait, I think I've said that to you before!

JacksonFamily said...

Thanks again Katie! Everyone LOVED it!

Casey and Brynn said...

OH MY GOSH! That Spiderman cake is amazing! I wish you lived closer and could make cakes for me. Tanner would have loved that one! Good for you Katie. I don't know how you find time to do it, but you are amazing!

Carson said...

Wow you are talented!!!! That last cake looks great will you share you recipe? You can email it to me CStott@comcast.net

Chris and Michelle said...

That cake is amazing, Katie! Seriously, I don't know how you find the time. I just made Emmie's first bday cake over the weekend and it was a complete nightmare! I decided I'm totally buying my next child's birthday cake....it was so time consuming on top of doing all the other party prep, and icing it was so awful I just gave up in the end! It looked terrible! So I totally have respect for your making cakes that not only taste great, but look amazing, too! I could bake cookies all day, but cakes - they're not for me! :)
I too wish you lived closer because I would totally hire you next time I need a cake!

Casey Lu said...

The cakes look so yummy and the fondant Spiderman cake is FANTASTIC!!! I do have those out and ready to bring by this week for you, I am SO sorry that I have not brought them to you sooner, forgive me! We are moving into Northwest Ranch, I guess it is W C Ward.

Hev and Danaca said...

great job Katie, I cant believe how great you are doing! you are going to be as good as your aunt soon!!