Friday, October 9, 2009

My ewwwwwww story

Here's my story of the week.
I threw in a load of Parker's laundry the other night-forgot to switch them to the dryer...so that's the first thing I did when I got up that next morning. I was tossing the clothes from the washer to the dryer and noticed that they didn't smell clean. Parker's only 3 months old, so we still have the occasional diaper leak....so yes, his clothes get pee on them. That's what the clothes smelled like....pee. Maybe I forgot to put soap in? I DID run them...right? I stood there trying to figure out why they weren't clean. That's when I saw it. The over-sized, over-absorbed, wet, USED diaper. How the heck did that get in there?! Ewwww....gross! No wonder all the clothes smelled like pee. Yuck! Luckily it was only a WET diaper and nothing beyond that. I took the diaper out and re-washed all of Parker's clothes. They smelled clean when they came out this time.
My question to all of you: Has anyone ever washed a diaper? What DUMB thing have you done that have given you an "Ewwww Story". Let me know, I'm curious to find out-entertain me!
So that's my story of the week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I have actually done the same thing, yuk. Funny thing....you just "re" wash em all and all is well. I am glad I am not the only one that does silly things...sometimes I wonder about my post pregnancy brain!!!

Stacie Aho said...

Oh man, I would have died! So gross.

I do ew stuff all of the time, but of course I can't think of one right now.

I'll let you know when I can use my memory a little better ;)

Casey and Brynn said...

I have washed diapers on more than one occasion! It is nasty and makes a huge mess cuz the insides of the diaper get all over! So don't worry...been there, done that!