Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A BUSY CAKE WEEK

The week before Halloween was a busy baking week. I made a cake for my S-I-L Mandie. It was her birthday and she asked for a cake that I had already made before...a repeat cake I guess. I totally forgot to take pictures, but here's the one I made for Dan's b-day...and I made the same one for Mandie.A PB&J cake...and that's exactly what it tasted like...only sweeter. White cake as bread, PB buttercream and then I did Strawberry preserves for Mandie.





Another cake I did was for a boy in my ward. I'm friends with his mom and I offered to make him his B-day cake. Any chance I get to try something new is a good opportunity for practice. It was chocolate cake with caramel buttercream. Covered in fondant and decorated with little footballs made of fondant.





My mom is the Stake Primary president. They were having a leadership meeting and needed some sweets, so I made some cupcakes. I made chocolate cupcakes w/ PB buttercream, and also carrot cake cupcakes w/ a cream cheese buttercream. I uses some brown fondant to cut out leaves for the topper. I wanted the leaves to look more "fall" like, so I painted them with some bronze luster dust-they turned out really cute. I guess they were a hit. Thank goodness. It's always nice to hear that someone likes your work. Dan wanted some for his hometeaching families and also for his team at work. I made 74 cupcakes!!. Busy...busy...busy. I loved making and creating all of these things. My next project is mini cupcakes for Lizzie's (my sister-in-law) bridal shower. Nothing fancy, they're too little to decorate all fancy-it would overdue it. Some sprinkles, or colored sugar and a nice swirl of frosting will look just great! Can't wait!
Cupcakes for Dans work
Fondant Fall leaves

Cupcakes

Displayed on Table

4 comments:

Chris and Michelle said...

Katie
You are amazing. Seriously you should start a bakery... I love to bake COOKIES, but my cakes always seem to be a disaster. (Non layer cakes turn out okay but how boring!! :)) Do you make your fondant from scratch?

Stephanie said...

Looks like you have been busy! Wish I was closer to taste some of your yummy creations :)

michelle said...

Ohhh wow! Katy, you are sooo talented! That cake is so amazing! I even had to call Ben into the kitche, to show him! :) Love, and miss you! :)

Rachelle said...

Your cakes are amazing!!! I should have make my sons 1st birthday cake?!?!