Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

Thanksgiving was wonderful as usual. There's nothing like preparing some of your favorite foods for hours and hours....just to gobble it all up in 20 minutes! What a great holiday-it's all about being grateful, being with family, and stuffing your face! I love Thanksgiving! This year my in-laws were in Hawaii, and all of Dan's sisters were in Utah....so we celebrated with my family. We had dinner at my parents house, ( all the yummy stuff: Turkey, sweet potatoes, broccoli, rolls, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffed celery, stuffing, pie, the works) and then we let the kids play outside in the grass for awhile. My cousin Becky and her little family were in town and came over for pie. We finished off the night with pie, and we watched the movie"Up". We had a nice day and very full bellies!
The Table
Our decorations


Whit got into the costumes after dinner

Grandma and Quinn

Grandpa and Parker

What a mess!

Cute little Whitney

Me and my Mom
Mandie and Noelle
Bret and Beau
My cousin Becky and Mia

Grandma bouncing the girls on the Yoga ball
Thanksgiving was a success! On a side note....I have to mention that I made the sweet potatoes. For future reference....crispy marshmallows are only good when roasted over the camp fire. That's what I get for taking my eyes of of them for 30 seconds! They were still good-just not perfect. Oh well.


1 comment:

wendy said...

love all the pictures, glad I could have you all to myself.