Monday, February 15, 2010

A couple of cakes for Kinslee

I have had some fun making cakes recently. Practice, practice, practice....that is what makes you better-right?! My friend Kinslee was having some complications and was put on bed rest...so I took her family a meal and made them cake for dessert. It was a good opportunity to practice my buttercream techniques....which need MUCH more practice. Kinslee also had a surprise shower...and I made the cake for her gift. I hadn't done a tiered cake in awhile..so I gave it a try-again....trying the whole buttercream thing. It didn't turn out how I had envisioned...but it was alright. It tasted good...I guess that's the most important thing. You learn something else each time you make a cake-that's for sure!
Kinslee

Shower cake



Dessert for family



3 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

Those look amazing and so delicious! You got the buttercream SO smooth on that pecan cake. Wow.

Rachelle said...

omg!! They look amazing:) I can't wait to try Landon's cake:) YUMMY!!

Hev and Danaca said...

good job Katie, you are doing a great job!