Sunday, April 18, 2010

Katie's Birthday 2010

Am I happy that I'm a year older....no. Am I happy I had a good birthday...yes. I don't know what it is about the whole age thing this year, but for some reason 28 was a little harder than I thought it would be. My birthday was GREAT! The idea of turning 28 made me feel old in some ways-I know that's weird....but I automatically thought "30"!
On my special day, my parents took me and the kids out to lunch. We went to Babbo, my choice. We then walked down to the party store and got the kids a balloon, and then took the kids to my parents house to play with their cousins for a bit. The festivities don't end there! We then met my in-laws and sister-in-law, along with her kids at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants-PEDRO'S. They have the BEST green corn tamales ever! Dinner was wonderful....and then off to home to put the kids in bed. I then spent the rest of the night enjoying the Cake book that Dan gave me-such great ideas in this book. I actually received a LOT of gifts, most of which are cake things....but some other things I wanted as well. I also got some gift cards to Old Navy, Kohls and Spa Finder!!! Can't wait to treat myself to a day of relaxation and shopping! I finally OWN the Twilight books too-I've been borrowing everyone else's books...and now I can read them anytime I like! What a wonderful birthday! We celebrated with my parents and brothers the Sunday after my birthday, and my brother Jason made a cake so I wouldn't have to. Thanks to everyone for a very happy birthday!!!

My camera died right after lunch ON my birthday-I'm bummed I don't have any pics of dinner that day!

No comments: