Thursday, January 15, 2009

Kids are so funny!

I know I haven't been good about blogging lately-I need to start being better and at least do it once a week or so. Hailey has been growing up so fast lately. Sometimes you don't know how fast your kids are growing until they say something "adult" to remind you that they do understand what you are talking about. A couple of days ago we went out to dinner with my husbands side of the family, we met at a restaurant out in the Scottsdale area....which means that it took us a little over an hour to get there. We had a good time and the girls had a blast playing around and looking at the statues. Dan had to leave dinner early so he could get over to the church to get a few things done-so bedtime was ALL mine that night! We drove home and I got Hailey ready for bed and read her 3 books....we then continued with the nightly ritual of singing some songs together before I was planning to leave her room. In the middle of singing Hailey interrupted me and said, " Mom, it's too late....look at the clock. It's time for me to close my eyes and go night-night." I wasn't quite sure how to react! I kissed her goodnight and left her room shutting the door behind me. I guess she was really tired and annoyed at the fact that I kept singing to her. Sometimes she does know what's best for her. Go figure. I just thought that it was so funny and wanted to make sure and record it so I remember correctly. KIDS ARE FUNNY!!!

3 comments:

The Josh's said...

Man, I loved when you talked me to sleep. Sometimes I wish I had recorded your voice so I could fall asleep soundly. Izzie just pulls her blanket over her face, that lets me know to leave!
Funny Girls

Casey Lu said...

Kids say the cutest things and sometimes things that seem so very grown up. She is such a cutie! :)

michelle said...

Hailry is sooo cute! Kids do say the darndest things! :) How are you feeling? I need your e-mail address. Can you e-mail it to me? Azsunm@aol.com