Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mother's Day 2009

This is how my Mother's Day started off! Dan made me some homeade pancakes from scratch...along with some Orange-honey butter syrup from scratch too. It was VERY yummy and such a treat! We had a busy day planned for us, so it was such a nice way to start the day. Thank you Dan for my great breakfast-what a nice guy!!



We went to my S-I-L's ward to participate in the blessing of her baby. The blessing went well and then we were able to go eat at her house afterwards. It was so fun to see family AGAIN that day....2 days of extended family in 1 weekend! The food was yummy and the company was good. The kids loved playing outside and eating cupcakes. Adam took some pics of the kids with their cupcakes, I'll have to get some copies for all of you to enjoy. So where are the pictures you ask? I'm a complete DORK and didn't even pull out my camera!!! I didn't get any pics of the kids playing, my mother-in-law opening her gifts, the family, or even of the beautiful little outfit that baby Josie was wearing!! I'm so mad at myself!

I ended up making cupcakes for the blessing and had a good time doing it. I bought a new cupcake caddy to transport cupcakes....it worked great-I love it! I made some J's out of fondant and let them dry.....they were the cupcake topper, a J for Josie. They turned out cute-and tasted good, and I had so much fun making them!






We went over to my parents house for dessert and to celebrate. We gave my mom her gifts, and then just spent some time watching the kids play. We had a good time and hope that she had a Happy Mother's Day!


Grandma and her 4 grandchildren

Hailey "helping" grandma open her gifts







No comments: