Thursday, May 7, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick!

This year has probably been the hardest cold/flu season for our family. We just can't seem to get completely well for more than a week at a time! Does anyone else have this problem? We had the whole stomach flu thing over Easter, and then a few weeks later a cold thing hit us. It doesn't just hit all of us at once either....it starts with 1 kid.....and then slowly works it's way to the next-so it's like 2 weeks before everyone is well again. It's so frustrating! Hailey started off with the cold, just a low-grade fever and mild stuffiness, I just thought she was having some allergy issues for the first few days....and then the cough started. Whitney started with a mild fever a few days after Hailey, but she's also getting some teeth....so I thought she was just teething! Like I said...it starts with 1 kid, and then slowly moves on to the next. Hailey didn't get the cold very badly, a cough and stuffiness is about it. That then led to and Ear infection. So a cold and an ear infection in 1 kid. Whitney was hit much harder by this cold. Burning with fever, sleeping on top of Mommy's prego belly for a few nights in a row, coughing to the point of exhaustion! It was horrible to see her feeling so miserable. Turns out she had Bronchitis on top of her nasty cold. Cold and Bronchitis in 2nd kid. Each kid just finished their 7-10 days of prescriptions and on top of all that FUN time with sick kids-I ended up getting that stupid cold too! NO FUN! Luckily for Dan....and other family members, we're the only 3 who have been sick. I'm in the end days of the cold and am feeling much better. Kids seem to be back to themselves and feeling well too-thank goodness. There were a few good things that came out of being sick-we made lots of smoothies, and the girls got some new pj's to sleep in from grandma and grandpa. I thought they looked so cute in their nightgowns...so here are some pics to show them off. Thank you grandma and grandpa for the new pj's and for helping out with blessings, we appreciate all you do!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm glad things are getting better!! Hopefully they just continue in that direction!

Stacie Aho said...

I'm SO glad you are all getting better. We've missed hanging out!

Can't wait to spend time with you this weekend.

I love that picture of Hailey posing in her night gown. Hilarious.

wendy said...

Cutest girls in the world. Cute night gowns. I'd love to take credit but you know how Grandpa has turn into a shopper. He found them and had to buy them. Of course, I loved them as well. New things always make you feel better. I guess you are still sick. What do you want?
Mom

Jaime and Brent said...

I am so sorry your family has been so sick this year. My family has been really sick too. I feel like we finally get over something and then the next thing hits. I am ready for a little bit of healthy!

Brooke said...

Oh girl... I hear ya! I'm so sorry you've had the sickies at your house. It was a rough cold/flu season, yes! Hopefully the warmer weather helps clear things out for you!