Monday, May 18, 2009

My Fun Cake Stuff!

For the last year or so I've really been into the whole cake world. I love looking at professional cakes, trying new recipes, self-teaching to create new things and try out new techniques. I guess you could say it's my hobby. I don't have much time, but I look for any excuse to try something new. I just love it! These are my latest gifts or purchases that make cake decorating and transporting so much easier.
The Cupcake Courier



This is the best product EVER made for transporting cupcakes! It will fit 36 cupcakes, and not a single one will get smashed or ruined! You can also take off the trays and put a regular 13X9 cake. The trays are also narrow enough to fit in my side by side freezer. I'm loving this product!

Cake Plates


These cake plates came as a set, so you can use them separately or combine them together. Stacked they display an array of desserts, or a great way to display cupcakes. Alone they make a nice, simple cake stand to show-off your latest cake!!


The Cake Caddy


This was my Mother's Day gift from Dan. I'm so excited to use it. This will make it easy to transport cakes and also keep them protected and safe while traveling. I'll have to use this next month when I make my Dads birthday cake. Thanks Dan!
I know this post is really boring and stupid to most of you. For any of you cake lovers out there....this post is for you to enjoy!

6 comments:

JacksonFamily said...

I think it is awesome that you have taken an interest in this. I love to see what you can create! After all, like pres. Uchtdorf said, you are the daughter of the greatest creator of all!

Casey Lu said...

I don't think it is boring or anything like that. I also like to make cakes well actually USE TO. I loved decorating them but baking them and then watching them fall apart....nope not for me. Way to much of a perfectionist. I just might have to ask you in Sept to make a cake for Morgan IF you would be up to it.

Casey and Brynn said...

Good for you! You will be a pro soon! That is such a fun hobby and you are already so good at it!

Carson said...

I love that your mom found me on face book. I cant wait to catch up. Love your blog!!! Your kids are so cute...you will love having three. Boys are the best, not so sassy.

Casey and Brynn said...

You need to check out Amber Mortenson's blog...she just made a fun cake! I am going to try it for Ty's bday.

Julie P. said...

I'm still waiting for you to come and make me a cake. Would you? I will even buy the supplies:)