Friday, June 19, 2009

Quick Pregnancy Update

I'll have to take a picture of my belly within the next few days to document how big it is. As far as the pregnancy goes...I'm still pregnant! Today I'm 35 weeks and 6 days....the day I had Whitney in my last pregnancy. As of tomorrow I'll be 36 weeks pregnant, and that's the farthest I've ever gone! We are hoping to be able to bring this little guy home with us, and have him in our hospital room...you know, a normal experience. We've always had to leave the babies in the NICU and go to visit them...for at least a week or so. Making it farther in a pregnancy brings us closer to the chance of our normal experience-we're very excited. I had my last shot today, so we'll see what that does for me. As of 36 weeks it's not recommended to take Terbutaline to stop contractions...so basically, whatever happens-happens! Any day now! I'm already effaced 60% and dilated to a 3 as of yesterday, so we'll see how much longer we can keep him in. I keep joking around with Dan about having our baby on Father's Day. I guess anything's possible-so we'll keep you all posted about the arrival of our little boy!
Any guesses on the date, weight, time, whatever.....go ahead and let us know your predictions! It will be fun to see what you all think!

4 comments:

Stacie Aho said...

I'm so glad this pregnancy seems to be going so much smoother than the others.

My guess is still June 25th at 4:23 pm.

Can't wait to meet the little guy!

(Oh, and I thought I'd tell you I really like the name Reed)

Anonymous said...

I guess july 7th 2009 at 3:27am..but i think you will at least make it past 37 weeks, then your baby wont be a preemie!! just don't think about having him early. and then you won't and you can have a normal experience like you want. i guess 7 lbs 2 oz 20 in. good luck!

Casey and Brynn said...

Wow! Yay! I really need to call you. I have been so busy with our house! I am guessing July 4th...7lbs. 2 oz! What is his name going to be????

Amber said...

I was going to give you a week after this post...but apparently I am behind and you posted this about a week and a half ago--and it seems you ahven't had the baby yet. I would think it would come any day now--At this point I am sure the baby will be a healthy size and will allow you to snuggle in your room and bring it home :-)