Saturday, July 4, 2009

HE'S HERE!!!!

PARKER DANIEL ROBERTS

was born on June 24th 2009 at 1:05 am.

He was 19 1/2 inches long, and weighed 6lbs. 13oz-our biggest baby yet!

He had a few little issues with breathing and being jaundice, but other than that, a healthy


baby boy.


Delivery was quick (like my other kids deliveries), but poor little parker got so beat up on the way out. The crown of his head was all bruised...along with his nose, lips, and eyeballs. They are almost all healed up now. Parker only had to stay at the hospital for 1 night without me there, which was so nice. I'm so glad he could come home so soon and that everything looks good.


We are so excited to have him home with us. The girls are so good with him. They love being mommy's helpers and love their baby brother even more! No jealousy, no tantrums...just a little too interested in giving him hugs and kisses.


All is well, mommy and baby are doing well. Recovering faster with each baby born, and other than the normal "tired" feeling..we're doing great!


(one thing to note for myself to remember: Epidurals are GREAT...but not always effective on both sides. With Parker the epidural only worked on 1 side of my body...literally split me from the spine right in half. My right side was numb, and I felt every little thing on my left side. The primary song "Head, Shoulders, knees and toes" has a whole new meaning to me now-because I felt every bit of him coming out on my left side! I wasn't made for natural birth. Thank heavens my right side was numb!)




16 comments:

Rae Lynn said...

Congratulations! Let me know if you would like some pictures done! (My treat!)

Jessie said...

Congratulations! He looks so cute! Can't wait to meet him!

Rich and Nicole said...

congrats!!!!!! Boys are so fun! I'm so happy for you guys! I love the name too!

Holly said...

Congratulations! I am happy to finally see pictures of Parker. He is really cute. I hope you're all doing well. (I also had an epidural partially fail...it was very weird but interesting to feel...I prefered when they worked).

Lauren said...

Congratulations! I'm glad he's so healthy and you guys are doing well!

aliciamae100 said...

Congrats! What a beautiful boy!! I'm so happy for you. :)

Sarah said...

How wonderful! I'm so glad everything went well! Congratulations - he is so beautiful. We can't wait to meet him in person!

Carson said...

Congratulations! He is so dang cute and I love the name, Parker is always a good choice!!!! I hope all is well and you are doing great! Can't wait to see some more pictures! Babies are just way to fun!!!

Chris and Michelle said...

CONGRATS! He's just precious and LOVE that picture to the left! GREAT name.... we LOVE Parker's at our house! :) So glad that he's already home and that all went well.

michelle said...

Congratulations!!! He is perfect!!! We are looking forward to meeting him! :)

michelle said...

Congratulations!!! He is perfect!!! We are looking forward to meeting him! :)

Wade Family said...

Congrats! He is so cute...love the pics. Glad things went well and that he got to go home right away. Hope you are all adjusting well, can't wait to see more pictures. Oh and love the name!

The Maughan's said...

He is so Handsome!!! I am so glad everything went well. I can't wait to see him.

cfarar said...

Congratulations! He was born on the same day as my son Danny's Birthday. Hope you are doing good.

the W* family said...

He's so precious! Congratulations!

Stephanie said...

Katie I am so happy for you and your growing family! Wish I was there to see the two of you! Love ya :)