Monday, March 29, 2010

Hailey's BIG Ouch!

I didn't take any pictures of this event, I guess I was a little busy taking care of business. We had a big injury happen this weekend to Hailey. I hope I never have to see my kids go through something worse, this just broke my heart! Have you ever physically gotten sick over seeing someone else's injury? I have. Here's the basics to break it down:
Hailey
pencil
mouth
running
back of chair
Can you guess what happened?
Yep.
Screaming, crying, blood, mouth injury, urgent care, a whole night of crying, no eating, no drinking.
HORRIBLE!
This is why we don't run with things in our mouth!
She is doing a lot better now, her mouth is healing quickly and she's eating almost regularly now.
Unfortunately, some lessons have to be learned the hard way.
We love you Hailey...and don't you EVER scare us like that again!!!

3 comments:

aliciamae100 said...

I'm so sorry Hailey got hurt! I'm glad she's starting to feel better and hope she makes a full recovery soon!!

michelle said...

I am sure that had to be so scary! I am glad she is doing better! :)

It was sooo fun seeing you and your family the other night! I always love to visit with you. Have a wonderful Easter! :) Hugs.

Wade Family said...

Ok that is my biggest fear. As I am reading your post, Bryton is walking around with a toothbrush in his mouth....not anymore. I am so glad she is ok but how scary. Hope you guys had a great Easter and conference weekend.