Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Hailey thinks.....


The other day we went to Costco to get a few things, and as most of you know.....you always have a lot more in your cart than you want to when checking out. One of these "extra" purchases was a new dress-up dress. It's a formal dress 1 size bigger than Hailey wears.....but $12 for a little wedding dress....come on-you can't even buy material for that price!! I had to get it. She wore the dress over her clothes throughout the store. They didn't have one close to Whitney's size, but if Hailey had a dress on....then Whit had to have one on too! We found a lime green dress that's really cute for the same price-something she could wear as dress-up or to church. My girls LOVED all the attention they received while walking through the store in their beautiful dresses. Many people stopped us to "Oooooh" and "Awwwww" over them. We bought the dresses and then went over to my parents house to play and show off the dresses. Whitney chose to substitute the green "Tianna" dress for her normal BATGIRL outfit-no surprise there. The girls wanted to go outside in their dress-up clothes to swing and pick flowers-but I said "no". The dress Hailey had on was new, white, floor-length, and it had rained earlier that day. I didn't want it getting ruined the first time she wore it. Hailey threw a little fit and asked me "Why" a billion times-but in the end I stood firm on my decision. Hailey was mad at me. She started pouting and went and sat down on her grandma's lap. I was just a few feet away when I heard her conversation with grandma. Hailey thinks that I'm her "Evil Stepmother" who doesn't love her. She continued to say that I don't love her and I don't do ANYTHING for her. This was all said in a dramatic tone....followed by the poor me whine..... of coarse. I couldn't believe what I was hearing! I was an evil stepmother who didn't love her and did nothing for her! I spoke my mind and reminded Hailey that I had just bought her a new dress, and then got ice cream afterwards, I made her lunch a few hours ago, I bathed her the night before, I did her hair, and drove her to grandma and grandpa's house to play, but it's true: I don't do ANYTHING for her! She got over it in about and hour and wasn't mad at me anymore. I was "Mommy" after that...not the "Stepmom" anymore. I couldn't help but laugh at this whole experience. It was even funnier when I had the chance to tell Dan about it-we both laughed and laughed! I wanted to make sure I wrote this down so I could blackmail her with it someday. What a funny kid!

1 comment:

Stacie Aho said...

Oh that is hilarious. Love you, Hailey!