Saturday, March 20, 2010

Happy St. Patricks Day!

St. Patricks Day. I actually had success in finding some green for all of us to wear. All in all it wasn't much of a celebration, but I did want to do something different to make the holiday stand out. I'm not the craftiest person on the planet, but I do try to be crafty! I thought I had a shamrock cookie cutter, but to my surprise I found out I didn't when I pulled the WHOLE cookie cutter out of the box. Did you know that 1/2 of a flower looks like a shamrock? Well it does. So check your cutters before you go to use them! I made some Martha Stewart Buttermilk pancakes for dinner. I dyed the batter green for the whole St. Patty's day look and then continued my "plan" for making green shamrock pancakes. Again, the cookie cutter wasn't what I thought it was-and I wasn't going to cut one out by hand. We had green "Flower" pancakes instead. Can I please have an A for effort? Please?! It seems like the harder you try-the harder it is to succeed without a whole bunch of things going wrong. That's how it always works out. I tried. Despite the way they looked, they sure tasted yummy-that Martha knows what she's doing!







1 comment:

Julie P. said...

Happy St patty's day! Love the "shamrock" pancakes:)