Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Found this picture...who wants cake?


I emailed this picture to some of my friends a few weeks ago to show off my first try with fondant. I haven't taken any cake classes or anything...but would love to someday. I'm experimenting on family members birthday cakes to try and develop a talent for cake making. This cake was made for my nephew Quinns 6th birthday. HE loved it...and that's all that really matters to me. My next attempt is going to be an Elmo cake with Fondant. I've done and Elmo cake with frosting...but it was way to sweet to eat, so I'm trying fondant for Whitneys 1st birthday party. I hope it goes well! I'll take some pictures and show you all how it turned out!

5 comments:

Julie P. said...

I have the same dream of being a fabulous cake decorator but you are way ahead of me:) Cute cakes!!

Casey and Brynn said...

What a fun passion for you. And you look good at it. The turtle cake was awesome. You should watch the show Ace of Cakes on the Food network channel. You would love it.

Nicole Hunter said...

Katie! Hey, I'm so glad you found me! I LOVE blogging!! It's such a great way to keep up with friends and family when you're far away! Your girls are adorable and I love the cakes you made! I would love to get into that too. I guess I just need to give it a try. :) Tell your family hello!

Chris and Michelle said...

Wow - I'm impressed Katie! The cakes are so cute and look totally professional. I don't think I'd ever even dare attempt something so cute. What a great (and fun) talent to have! Good for you! :)

Stephanie said...

I am so impressed. Great job Katie. Can't wait to see Elmo!