Saturday, August 9, 2008

Hurray!

I swear...I'm not going to write something EVERYDAY, this has just been a really busy week for us. Today was the day, Hailey finally went to the bathroom on the potty!! HURRAY! For any of you who don't know...Hailey has been anti-potty for as long as I can remember. We've been trying the potty training thing off and on for awhile...but no success. Hailey kicks and screams all the way there...and then trying to get her to sit on the toilet was like trying to put a cat in a sink full of water. Get the picture?! Today she just said, " Mommy, gotta go poop in the potty and get a Barbie Jasmine and Bell," ( her major awards if she goes)...but she says that phrase everyday, and whenever we try to get her to go. I guess this time she meant it! I was busy at the moment and so I yelled at Dan to take her into the bathroom-and she actually did it! WE are so proud! Hopefully this will be the start of a wonderful thing....just think, only buying ONE size of diapers instead of two!!!

3 comments:

Julie P. said...

Congratulations!!!! I can't wait for Wellyn to be potty trained but I know I still have at least another year of diapers on hand.
Go Hailey!

Stacie Aho said...

YAY HAILEY!!!!!!!!!! That is SO awesome. The day finally came :) Good luck from here!

Anonymous said...

Hey Katie! i saw your blog through carly's! Im glad you have one...now we can be blogging buddies :) your girls are so cute! we really need to get ours together so they can sorta play! Britlyn would love it!