Saturday, April 11, 2009

Birthday celebration for ME!

What can I say? Yep, I'm a whole year older...yeah! Birthdays aren't a HUGE deal when you're a mom....your birthday's the same as any other day, but I did get the chance to do a few fun things. I went out to lunch with my parents and my girls to Babbo, and then over to the party supply store so my kids could get a free balloon. We had my family over that night for brownies topped with ice cream and hot fudge-yummy! That was that. We did end up celebrating on Sunday with my family, we had a yummy dinner of my choice...and then opened gifts.

The girls at lunch!

My parents with Hailey at lunch

Here are some of the gifts I received. My Mom made me a large Scrapbook of my life. It turned out really cute, and we all enjoyed getting some laughs at some of the different "cool styles" of clothes I wore.



I got the movie I've been waiting for-"TWILIGHT"!
I'm going to get Dan to watch it with me.....eventually!

A new pair of Shoes

A nice laptop desk to keep my legs from getting scorched from the heat of the computer, it works great for eating it bed too!


A MUCH needed backrest pillow - this will definitely come in handy with all of those late-night feedings when baby boy arrives! It also makes watching TV in bed much more comfortable.

That's about it for the whole birthday thing. We will get together with Dan's family sometime next week to celebrate.
Whitney ended up getting a stomach virus this week, so we haven't been able to really do much. Poor little thing, just fever and diarrhea. LOTS OF IT! We hope she will get better soon. The doctor said that this virus can last for up to 2 weeks! We're praying that it will be gone soon so she can enjoy the Easter weekend.
Hope you all have a Happy Easter!

9 comments:

Carly said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like you had lots of fun!

Amber said...

Hi Katie--Glad you had a fun birthday-looks like you got lots of loot :-)

The Maughan's said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a fun birthday and a ton of fun presents

The Josh's said...

Wish I could've been at the birthday lunch.
I came home from work the other night and Josh was actually watching Twilight. He hurried and turned it off once he saw me walk in. LOL

Casey and Brynn said...

Oh my goodness! I could barely make out the pictures of me and you on your scrapbook page. Hilarious. That is a great gift, and lots of work! All your gifts were perfect. I hope Whitney is feeling better.

Nicole Hunter said...

Happy Birthday Katie! Looks like you had fun! You look gorgeous!

michelle said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! It looks like you had a fantastic day! I think it is wonderful that your Mom made a scrapbook!!! That is a gift that is priceless! Sure love, and miss you all!

wendy said...

Hey you forgot your perfume. That stuff is like gold. It was a fun day though wasn't it. Thanks for being a great daughter.

Jeanerbee said...

Happy birthday chica! I hope your little darlin feels better soon - that must be the nasty rotavirus! Icky!