Monday, April 20, 2009

A long...long...time ago....


(yes, I do look HUGE in this picture- 3rd baby....remember?)

I met Stephanie Shankula way back in Middle School. We were instant friends from the start. I don't know if it was because I finally met someone who could talk just as much as me...or just as fast as I could talk, but I'm glad we became friends. The friendship lasted all through Middle School and High School. Steph was a bridesmaid at my wedding, and we have continued our friendship to this day. We really don't see each other very much-but we do still talk. Steph just recently moved to the East coast (first the East-side...and now the East Coast-traitor), and will be missed-but surprisingly I think we will probably see each other just as often as we do now. Should we plan around Easter-time next year steph? That seems to be our thing! We did however get the chance to get together for dinner before she left. We met over at Desert Ridge at a place called BJ's...it's a restaurant and brewery. The food was good, and I'm sure that was the most eventful dinner Stephanie and her Hubby have had in a long time! Hailey had to go potty a million times....and was quite vocal with who was making the baskets on the game that was playing on the Tv screen overhead. Whitney wanted her mama to hold her (no surprise there) and chowed down on everything within her reach. It was a quick visit...and it's not like we could really sit and chat while there's basketball games on, while feeding kids, and getting up to run to the bathroom a zillion times-but it was good to see her before she left. We ended up taking a couple of pictures...and we both hated ourselves in all 3 of them! Some things NEVER change. I'm going to post all 3 of them anyway-sorry steph. Now all we have to do is get together with Brynn sometime. Wouldn't that be nice. Someday it will happen!




5 comments:

Stephanie said...

It was so great to see you I really can't believe we've been friends for...13 years? How great. Love ya!

Stacie Aho said...

I think all those pictures are great! Funny how we are so hard on ourselves...

michelle said...

This is such a nice post about your friend. Friends are the best! I love your belly pictures. I wish I would have recorded my pregnancies more with pictures.

Amber said...

Wow! 13 years that sounds like forever! I am glad you guys got to hang out a bit before Steph moved.

Casey and Brynn said...

Oh, wish I could have been there. And first of all, if you think you look huge you are CRAZY! Second, you both look gorgeous in all of the pictures. Friends Forever!